- Other Health Care Providers
Texas Tech University HSC School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
- Identify elements of a quality orientation that should be provided to students at the start of an experiential rotation.
- List characteristics of student learners that could create challenges for experiential rotations.
- Recognize the importance of demonstrating respect to other health care professionals.
- Discuss the necessity of proper supervision and communication with students.
- Explain the importance of serving as a role model for students
- Recognize how the lack the of professionalism can impact interprofessional team members
- Describe to students the importance of taking responsibility for their actions
- Demonstrate to students proper ways to both problem solve and resolve conflict
- Show students how to engage other healthcare professionals to expand their knowledge to enhance their delivery of patient care.
- Utilize other healthcare team members to assist you in identifying a student’s ability to participate in interprofessional activities.
- Identify appropriate communication strategies to use with your students when providing patient care.
- Determine how to modify your level of supervision to match student ability.
- Identify ways in which feedback can be provided to students during interactions with patients or colleagues to avoid diminishing others’ trust in the student.
- Discuss the importance of providing students immediate feedback of their performance.
- Recognize the importance of using clear, written learning objectives in the form of a learning contract with a student who is not meeting performance expectations.
- Identify a process for communicating with a struggling student and his/her academic program.
- Illustrate appropriate preceptor modeling skills to utilize with students when faced with challenging learning situations.
- Recognize the significance of debriefing with your students following each learning experience.
- Discuss process for encouraging students to seek increased independence in the clinical setting.
- Describe the impact of timely, constructive feedback to students on clinical rotations.
- Explain process for effectively guiding and managing ethical dilemmas with students in an interprofessional patient care situation.
- Recognize the importance of taking accountability for your actions and the impact it can have on interprofessional team dynamics.
- Describe why a preceptor’s impact on student performance may not be recognized for several years following an experience.
- Discuss the importance of lifelong learning and its impact on both student and preceptor performance.